Friday, May 12, 2017

Mojito Mocktails


There is just some sort of magic that happens when mint and lime are together! Enter Mojitos! They are one of my favorites and I love different versions. Mango, coconut, blackberry or even just plain. 


After my last trip I came home and one of the first things I did was recreate this mocktail. I feel like I'm on a tropical beach when I drink this and so will you. Get creative and add whatever flavors you can find.

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.


Mojito Mocktails
(Serving for one, so double, triple, quadruple as needed)

Juice of half a lime
1/4c simple mint syrup (recipe to follow)
4 mint leaves
1/4c fruit of choice (optional)
3/4c club soda
crushed ice

In a large tumbler squeeze lime juice in with mint, syrup and fruit. Use a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon and muddle it (smash all the contents in the glass). Add in ice and then the club soda. Give it a stir and enjoy!


Simple Syrup

1c sugar
1c water
2 sprigs of fresh mint

In a sauce pan add the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat and throw in mint. Let it cool then remove the mint and it is ready to use



2 comments:

  1. So many flavors I want to try. Delish and simple. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is. Mango is my all time favorite but coconut and regular are so great too!

      Delete