Saturday, May 13, 2017

Oatmeal Brown Sugar Muffins


I'm not someone to normally buy muffin mixes but there is an amazing oatmeal muffin mix in Canada. My family loves them! So instead of having to stock up while I'm home or wish I had some I recreated it. And they ended up pretty darn good if I say so myself.


I love to eat these slathered in melting butter and always with a side of hard boiled egg.  Not sure why but to us that is how you eat them.  These light, fluffy muffins with their hint of cinnamon are a perfect weekend breakfast!

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.


Oatmeal, Brown Sugar Muffins
Makes 12

1c white flour (you can use half wheat but it make the muffins a little more dense)
1c oat flour (blend the oats in the blender until smooth)
1c brown sugar
1/2tsp salt
1c milk
1/4c butter, softened
1 1/4tsp cinnamon
2 1/2tsp baking powder
2 eggs

Preheat oven 400F
In a large bowl mix together all the wet ingredients until smooth. Add in all the dry ingredients on top and then, by hand, mix in until the batter is well combine but not to much, you don't want heavy cakie (is that a word? That should be a word. You know what I mean right?!?) batter. To make them pretty you can top with oats and a sprinkle of sugar but I only did that for the picture usually I throw them in as is. Divide batter into the muffin pan with liners or greased and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and top with butter, jam or just eat them.😉 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am headed to the kitchen to make these right now. It is rainy and cold. The perfect day to bake and these sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete