Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Drinkable Yogurt




I remember when I was little shopping with my mom the treat I always wanted was a Yop. In Canada Yop has been a round for decades. It is a drinkable yogurt sold in many flavors. As a small child that is the only treat I remember wanting. Once in a special while she would let me pick one out. My favorite flavor was raspberry and still is.

 The first day I made this recipe my son tried the peach and exclaimed it tasted like 'Heaven!'  That is a tall compliment for a drink but I do think it fits pretty well considering I tripled the batch and it was all gone the next day.  That is a lot of drinkable yogurt! I don't mind how fast they drink this since the only sweeteners are honey and dates, the yogurt is full of calcium, protein and probiotics and then which ever fruit you choose to flavor is full of fiber and vitamins.
 Some of the flavors shown here are peach, banana/ strawberry and blackberry.  The colours are so pretty I just wanted to look at them. Of course you can pick any fresh or frozen fruit your heart desires although I would stay away from the citrus family since they may curdle and the melon family unless you are prepared for a really thin drink because of all the liquid they hold.
You can start with some freshly made yogurt (recipe posted a few days ago) or you can just use some plain store bought yogurt, a non-greek style will work best in this case.

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.


Drinkable Yogurt

4c Yogurt, plain (homemade or otherwise)
2 Dates, pitted
4Tbsp Honey
2c Fruit of your choice, fresh or frozen (optional)

Place all ingredients in a blender and wiz it up until smooth. Chill and enjoy!

Flavor ideas:
Raspberry
Strawberry /banana
Peach/Blueberry
Blackberry with lime zest
Vanilla bean
Pumpkin spice
Coconut/ Pineapple
Plain




No comments:

Post a Comment