Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Parmesan Green Beans




One of the last bag of green beans I bought we hardly had any to cook.  Every time I turned around one of my kids was sneaking a few out of the fridge and munching them down. I loved it but I hated it(less for me). Who doesn't like a good green bean.  Don't they just scream summer? I have never meet a green bean I didn't like. Is it just me or do you love that squeak on your teeth as you eat them. What a funny thing for a vegetable to do. That's the sound of fresh garden pickin's.


Green beans can be grilled, broiled, steamed, boiled or just eaten raw like my kids love.
This is my go to recipe. It is so good as a side or just eaten as a meal when no one is around and you can have it all to yourself!

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.


Parmesan Green Beans

2lbs Green Beans
1Tsp garlic, minced
1 1/2tsp Butter
1/3c Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Snap off the ends of the beans and place in a pot full of boiling water.  Boil for 3-5 minutes until just done but a slight bite to them. Do not over cook, nobody likes a mushy green bean.
Strain water then add in butter, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir until butter is melted and the garlic warms from the beans. Add in cheese and toss about. You are ready to serve. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment