Thursday, March 9, 2017

Mint, Raspberry Lemonade






Isn't the best part about a summer day is sitting in the shade with a good book, sipping something cool and refreshing and not being disturbed by kids.  Awe the dreams we all have.
If anyone was to know one very important fact about me it is that I love lemonade and I love raspberries. Ok well that is two. Putting the two together for me it is like heaven. If I was served no other beverage but this lemonade for the rest of my life I would think my life's work a success.
This is actually one of the drinks I served at my wedding a eon ago. And bless the ladies hearts that helped they chopped up the mint. Please don't chop up this beautiful mint.

Wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.
Look at that colour. I want to slurp it up right now!


Mint, Raspberry Lemonade

1/2 c White Sugar
1/2 c Water

Place on stove in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat and let sit on stove and cool. Can be stored in refrigerator for a week or two.

4 Lemons, juiced
3c Cold water
1/2c Raspberries
1/4 c Mint leaves, whole


In a large pretty picture add in the sugar water mixture (simple syrup) with the mint and raspberries. Use a large wooden spoon and smash them about (muddle).
Next add in the lemon juice and water. Give it a good stir and do try to share a little.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment