Thursday, March 9, 2017

Raspberry Muffins




After one of my babies was born a sweet lady in my church said she wanted to bring me some muffins. My oldest child, 4 at the time, immediately said with excited eyes 'Raspberry muffins? I love my moms raspberry muffins! Are you bringing those?'  The poor lady didn't know what to think and I should have brought her some.

I have been making these for years and years. I have given them out to friend and family and never have I given them and the person not want the recipe.


They are light and fluffy and full of juicy raspberries. The best way to eat these is hot out of the oven slathered in butter with a big glass of cold milk.
Every time I make these I have to set some aside so my husband can have at least one when he is home from work, otherwise my little critters inhale them all.

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.



Raspberry Muffins

Makes about 16

2c Flour
2tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c Butter, melted
1c White Sugar
2 eggs
1tsp Vanilla
1/2c Heavy Cream
3/4c Raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/4c White Sugar to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven to 350F
In a large bowl mix with wooden spoon all the dry ingredients. Add in butter, eggs, vanilla and cream and mix until barely combine. There will still be lumps but do not over mix or the end result will be more tough and not a good light crumble.
Add in fruit and stir. The batter is very thick so don't be concerned.
Divide evenly in muffin tins with liner. If there are any extra open spots fill them half full of water as to not ruin your muffin pan. Sprinkle the tops with the 1/4 cup of extra sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes for fresh raspberries, or 25 minutes for frozen. But as for both watch for them to be golden on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment