Monday, April 17, 2017

Caesar Salad


Slowly over the years I have stopped buying salad dressings and started making my own. My family loves caeser salad and I have tried and tried recipes for it but I always went back to our favorite bottled brand even though it contained ingredients that I do not like to feed my family like soy oil. I couldn't find a recipe that had the great creamy taste that we love.


So I threw them all out and decided to just do what I wanted and guess what?! It has become a favorite!  Throw some rotisserie chicken and avocados on it and make it a perfect summer time meal. Or for those very adventures types fry up some bacon and cut up a pineapple to top it.

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.

Caesar Salad Dressing

1/2c greek yogurt (if the yogurt is very tangy, as some brands are then use less. You don't want the acid to strong)
1tsp garlic, minced
1tsp anchovy paste
1/4c apple cider vinegar
3/4c parmesan cheese, grated
1/4c vegetable oil
a good dash of salt
1/4tsp pepper, freshly ground

In a blender place all ingredients except oil. Blend up until smooth and then while the blender is going slowly pour in the oil.  Serve over tossed romaine and your favorite toppings.

Basic Croutons

6 slices of day old bread
1/2tsp garlic salt
1/2tsp onion powder
several grinds of black pepper
6Tbsps olive oil

Preheat oven to 350F. Slice bread into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.  Toss in the salt, pepper, onion powder and oil. Mix well and lay out evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, stirring once. Bake just until they are golden brown.  Remove and cool then enjoy in your favorite salads




5 comments:

  1. Yum! I have been trying to eat simpler and healthier - I can't wait to see more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the recipes! You also need to give me some photo tips.:0

      Delete
  2. When I was in high school my friend introduce me to the caeser salad. I think I ate it for my hole junior year. So excited to see such a simple recipe. Will have to try it on a no light Randan isn't home. He spent Luke caesar salad. But I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will have to make it and let me know what you think!

      Delete