Monday, April 3, 2017

Yellow Curry Chicken


My all time favorite thing to order at any Thai restaurant is their Yellow Curry Chicken.  I can not even stray from this and I eat the whole thing almost every time! (Add in your own shocked face)
It is the way I judge if I would come back to that restaurant or not. 


I can't be the only one who does that, Judge a whole restaurant by one dish.  With Italian it's the lasagna, Mexican it's the mole and Thai it's definitely the yellow curry.

This dish took me a while to perfect. I would make it over and over and never have it right until I realize that the grocery store curry will NOT cut it. You do have to go to an Asian market and get the Thai curry paste.  I am very sorry but if you want this to taste like your favorite Thai restaurant then you better head out to the closest and pick up a big one, because I promise you will make this more then once.

So wash them mitts, lets get cookin'.


Yellow Curry Chicken

2 Chicken breasts, sliced thin
4c Chicken broth
4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
4 Potatoes, washed and chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 can Bamboo shoots, drained
1can Coconut milk
1/4c Thai yellow curry paste (add more or less depending the heat level you wish)

In a large pot pour in chicken broth and add chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots. Bring to a boil then simmer until chicken is cooked and potatoes and carrots are fork tender. Around 15 minutes. 
Add in the curry, coconut milk and bamboo shoots.  Gently simmer another 5 minutes and taste test to see if you need more curry.  If you feel you have added too much and it is too hot (keep in mind the rice helps bring down the heat) you can always add a bit more coconut milk. 
Serve over steaming rice.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment